Monday, October 10, 2011

All Things Wedding Related

I never posted my wedding pictures on any wedding blog sites because I was over it all!  In the event that my computer crashes, thumb drives jump ship and the world explodes, I'll use my blog as a backup for my pictures and all that jazz so I can view my blog in Heaven.  On this thread, I'll start rambling from the wedding date and rewind (Mr. Roboto Style).

Don't get me wrong, I love my wedding photographer but my pictures didn't show the decor I envisioned on the wedding day.  Probably because my event planners dropped the ball the day of...  I guess I should have done a crash photo course and then gone bridezlilla on everyone when things didn't look perfect. HA!  Who cares the day of, it's all about having a great time and I'm not talking about taking shots and getting hammered at your own wedding (classy)!  I'm talking about having a great time without a drink in your hand the whole time...  Just while you're off the dance floor of course - as if that's possible!

I'm going to focus on all the little details that are necessary for a wedding or any sort of party that matters... 

Decor - What I have pictured that I still love!

Our getaway g-ride.  Us Texans must depart in Bevo style.  LOL!

The dance floor - Had to have neon shades for photo booth props and what dance floor is complete without glow sticks!?!?!?!

The garter toss which included groom passing the ball to his Best Man for the toss!  Love my garter, bought from: http://www.etsy.com/people/makethisdayspecial


My Seed Bar! This was probably one of my favorite creations for the wedding!  I still haven't seen a seed bar and believe it or not, but there's not one on pinterest... YET!   I bought the lavender seeds from eBay and I'm not sure where I got the wildflower seeds from, all I remember is they were expensive and heavy!  Vintage Window I found in my parent's neighborhood during "junk week" and had a co-worker write on.  It was actually a picture in a frame, but I dumped the photo, grabbed the "window pane" and tossed it in the car.  Purchased envelopes online and made a custom stamp for my thanking my guests.
My little cake toppers.  I was inspired by Ann Woods cake toppers but didn't want to spend over $300 so I was lucky enough to purchase these cake toppers for $65 from http://www.etsy.com/shop/tuckandbonte which now run for $125.

Seating chart - Shutters with place cards from Michael's and some wildflowers leftover from the Rehearsal Dinner.  Shutters were also found in my parent's neighborhood during "junk week."  Sounds kind of trashy - literally, but I got lucky that day.  Guess craigslist wasn't meeting my needs then.  You're jealous, I know but it's okay, I'm sure there's some website that tells you what neighborhood is selling junk.  Kind of like storage war listings...
Table Numbers / Decor - Moonshine jars with poms and wildflowers.  The table numbers were gold frames from Michael's (I think $1 each at the time) with a Vera Wang (http://tinyurl.com/3stmv8u) inspired hemp bow in the corner with these adorable gold birds I found online.  After the wedding, gifted the frame with a wedding photo of my guest and gave it to them for Christmas present.
Bridesmaids Bouquets.  I liked them so much better than mine.  Wish mine was a bouquet of lavender... UGH! 

Shoes - Badgley Mischka Eavan Grape Jelly Peep Toe!  I wanted these shoes since I knew my colors were grape jelly and champagne.  My midget size in grape jelly was sold out everywhere.  I even emailed the source... Months later, with the help of google alerts, I found my pair on eBay and broke them in before my big day.  WOOT WOOT!
Venue: Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center in Austin, TX - This is how gorgeous it was before we stepped on the scene! 

And we'll live happily ever after!  Best Dress in America by La Sposa


Rehearsal Dinner @ Moonshine Grill in Austin, TX

You know how the wedding is all about the bride?  I tried to make this all about the Groom.  I got to pick my favorite engagement photo that focused on him and his good looks.  HUBBA HUBBA!

Our menu - Man that place sure has some delicious food!

Moonshine Jars with wildflowers and True TX Scents candle favors - all the scents we had were somehow related to Texas which were great to swap for those out-of-towners.
Lovely Robert Rodriguez dress with my Japanese Akoya Pearls I got from the In-Laws.  Blessed!


 Bridal Shower Decor
 Most of my lovely gulls!
The theme of the shower was coral reefs... Go figure!  In the jars was coffee beans and rice with some aquarium coral :)  Simple and Cheap!
I found the "coral" sign/nameplate from Home Goods.  It's the first of anything that I have owned with my name on it.  Many people have key chains and other nameplates from 6 Flags and such...

The flowers to the far left are onion flowers from my mom's garden.  They were my fav!

Cupcake with little "diamonds" in them.

My grandma, the sweetest lady ever made my Hubby and I a grape jelly quilt with our names and wedding date on it.  Best Gift of 'Em ALL!  I might have accidentally started ballin' after I opened the gift...  It was tough!

Bridal Shower Invites



Inspired by my Valentines Day bag which I had my best artist Jennylinda draw Cindy Lou Who standing in heart-shaped rain.  I brought that bag to work and had my second best artist Jeffe remix the photo to include showers of gifts with Cindy Lou Who in a wedding dress.  Printed invitations, created a tulle veil and added a grape jelly broach/pendant to my personalized bridal Cindy Lou ME!  Ridiculous. I know.


I had to create "Will you be my flower girl" invitations too!  Thought it was adorable and I wish I was someone's flower girl, ballerina or softball player when I was younger ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment